So who loves peanut butter and jelly? How about french toast? So How about Protein-packed peanut butter and jelly french toast?
So I thought hey why not combine them for a seriously macro friendly recipe you can have for breakfast….lunch…dinner…or a midnight snack perhaps?
I know it’s been quite a long time since I made a post, but yep I am BACK and here with one of my favorite recipe creations I have made this entire dieting phase thus-far.
So when you’re dieting, you tend to get creative and find ways to make tasty foods that fit your macro-nutrient targets. I have some form of french toast every day and I was seriously craving peanut butter and jelly this week. Not sure why, but this creation is what came from it.
So let’s get into the recipe and let me tell you in advance this is for what you see in the picture above. Feel free to play around with the quantities, toppings inside, types of jelly, types of bread to fit your calorie/macronutrient needs.
- Peanut butter of choice(I used my favorite, Crazy Richards)
- Almond milk
- Vanilla extract
- Stop and Shop light bread (40 calories per slice bread, natures harvest makes some too)
- Walden farms calorie free syrup
- Polander sugar-free strawberry preserves w/fiber
- Drop of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Vanilla extract
- Pre-heat pan on low-medium heat and spray with non-stick spray and wipe the entire pan lightly
- Mix up eggwhites (i do 12 tbsp for 4 pieces of bread), 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract, a tablespoon of almond milk, a couple of big pinches of cinnamon in a bowl and whisk well.
- Dip bread into bowl completely both sides, take out and put on pan.
- Cook one side till light brown, and flip.
- While this side is cooking put slivers of banana and apple to your liking on bread so it warms up.
- Take a small bowl and mix 2 tablespoons of Walden Farms syrup and a serving of jelly up so it’s mixed well and has some volume to it(this is your topping between slices and on top) -Thanks for this tip The Flexible Baker!
- Get a plate and on each piece of bread drizzle some jelly, and stack one slice at a time evenly on top of one another. Top with 1 Tablespoon of your nut butter of choice, and the remainder of all the jelly all over. Pour Syrup to liking starting from the top to get that perfect waterfall of syrup shot.
- Proceed to take pictures of your masterpiece and Post on social media and tag #thephysiquemechanic and give me a follow The Physique Mechanic on Instagram and Facebook if you enjoyed this recipe!
Macros as per my recipe as shown above:
I hope you enjoyed this, and if you would like more recipes like this please let me know!
Please share it if you liked it!